Ever wanted to write and maintain your own web page but were lost in translation? Let me briefly introduce you to how it works and what you need to consider. Basically, there are three points to think of:
To such a hosted domain, you then upload your website content. This content, you first write in a combination of the following:
2. Your side
HTML & CSS
- With HTML (5 currently being the latest evolution) you can create your own Web site.
- CSS (3 currently being the latest evolution) is a language that describes the style of an HTML document. CSS describes how HTML elements should be displayed.
- W3.CSS is a modern CSS framework with built-in responsiveness:
- Smaller and faster than other CSS frameworks.
- Speeds up and simplifies web development.
- Supports modern responsive design (mobile first) by default.
- Provides CSS equality for all browsers. Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, and more.
- Provides CSS equality for all devices. PC, laptop, tablet, and mobile.
- AngularJS extends HTML with new attributes. AngularJS is perfect for Single Page Applications (SPAs).
- With AJAX (the search fields in this site are AJAX driven; no need to hit enter), you can:
- Read data from a web server – after the page has loaded.
- Update a web page without reloading the page.
- Send data to a web server – in the background.
- Designed to speed up application development.
- Designed for all devices: PC, tablet, and mobile.
- AppML stands for Application Modeling Language. AppML runs in any HTML page. No installation is required. AppML is a tool for bringing data to HTML applications:
- From objects
- From files
- From databases
3. Server side
- SQL is a standard language for storing, manipulating and retrieving data in databases.
- PHP is a server scripting language, and a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages.
- ASP stands for Active Server Pages. ASP is a development framework for building web pages.
Keep it simple
To ease your life, you may opt for one of the web-hosting services featuring a drag-and-drop website builder. They also include the hosting of your domain and website. Do some search – there are plenty of them around and most of them are free of charge up to a certain limit of features.
If you dare do some of your own web page writing though, you may choose one of these templates and adapt them to your own need and taste. Here again, you host by yourself or have it hosted with an appropriate service.
- Band template
- Gourmet Catering template
- Architect template
- Parallax template
- Blog template
- Food Blog template
- Fashion Blog template
- Cafe template
- Pizza Restaurant template
- Clothing Store template
- CV template
- Coming Soon template
- Wedding Invitation template
- Photo template
- Black & White Photo template
- Photo Portfolio template
- Nature Portfolio template
- People Portfolio template
- People Portfolio II template
- Dark Portfolio template
- Black & White Portfolio template
- Interior Design template
- Modal Restaurant template
- Start template
- Startup template
- App Launch template
- Marketing template
- Marketing / Website template
- Art template
- Web Page template
- Social Media template
- Analytics template
- Apartment Rental template
- Hotel template
- Travel template
- Travel Agency template
- House Design template
- Screen 50/50 template
- Mail template
Once live: Testing
Make sure your website works the way it should or at least you want it to. Here are some very useful online testing tools for your perusal:
- Web Page Test (Test a website’s performance)
- Link Checker (Check links and anchors in Web pages or full Web sites).
- CSS Validation Service (Check Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and (X)HTML documents with style sheets).
- Markup Validation Service (Check the markup (HTML, XHTML, …) of Web documents).
- Internationalization Checker (Is your page world ready?).
- Feed Validation Service (Check the syntax of Atom or RSS feeds).
I have put this site to the tests and it validates meaning that I have taken the care to create an interoperable web site.
Certainly consist of all the 45 Projects you'll find in here next to notably reading, traveling and global politics.